Visualization of the Titanic's voyage.¶
The tasks completed in this notebook:
- Load an interactive basemap layer.
- Geocode Titanic's ports of of embarkation and show them as markers on the map.
- Show the "Titanic's site" on the map.
- Geocode the Titanic destination port and show on the map.
- Connect all markers on the map with dashed lines.
- Compute a simple statistic related to the ports of of embarkation and show the plot and the map on the same figure.
We will use the Lets-Plot for Python library for all charting and geocoding tasks in this notebook.
The Titanic dataset for this demo was downloaded from "Titanic: cleaned data" dataset (train_clean.csv) available at kaggle.